If you have no idea regarding social anxiety, here is a brief summarization of it. Anxiety disorder is something which is created and reacted by the mind due to fear of judgment or embarrassment. This repetitive behavior or psychological response usually happens in response to the anticipated situation. A few effects of anxiety disorder are sweating, trembling or fleeing. In this article, we will talk about some myths and facts associated with social anxiety.
- Social anxiety is not something which is made-up. Social phobia might have been a useful survival instinct during the prehistoric or ancient times. But, nowadays being a crowd of strangers in a shopping mall or any other public place is very common.
- It is not something that you can just get rid of overnight. Till now there is no specific reason about the causes of social anxiety. Various specialists in the field of mental health have confirmed that symptoms start developing in early teens and it is quite not possible to develop social anxiety after the age of 25.
- There is a wrong notion that social anxiety develops in weak minded people. It is just like any other illness or disease that develops due to an opportunity problem.
- The problem with social anxiety can’t be dealt with a few pills. Medication is usually helpful when combined with behavioral therapy. Drugs will temporarily help you but won’t cure you. Therefore it is crucial that you seek proper social anxiety treatment.
- Social anxiety is not the same as every individual. The level of anxiety varies from person to person. However, there are certain common situations that cause social anxiety, and they are being observed by others, interacting with others, and performing in front of others.
One should know that social anxiety is treatable and one should seek a therapist with experience to help them manage their condition.